Batter LifeSupport

Last Updated:

1. kavimani

kavimani Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Whats the battery lie on a Galaxy S.. just got myself a new one on 2.1 ... I guess the 2.2 upgrade is not yet available in India... can some one suggest what is a good batt life on this.. have kept screen brightness at the lowest, no unwanted apps running...

Advertisement
  2. Capt Galaxy

Capt Galaxy Member

2.2 upgrade is available.

3. andy-roid

andy-roid Well-Known Member

froyo uses more battery people are putting it down to the gallery running on the phone another bug to add to a long list of things that samsung should sort out

4. Sdi1000

Sdi1000 Member

With Wifi on it will last from morning to evening, with wifi disabled i guess 4-6 days with some small calls and texting, but mostly on standby..

5. norseraider

norseraider Member

I am finding mine is toast in about 1 day - although it has quite a long life running on empty. Also I am a fairly new user so I am playing with it a lot.
    Will give it a full charge tonight and see how it copes with non-weekend office usage (fewer games!).. and report back.

Note, I have advanced app killer which should hopefully be keeping down the amount of cruft running.

6. Manjar

Manjar Active Member

In a business day of light usage and after hours with moderate usage i'd have maybe 30% left from a full charge. I'm by no means hammering its potential either (data off). The unit has poor life. period.
    4 to 6 days? I'd love to see that.
    There must be some huge variation in battery quality. Best thing i did to improve life was load Launcher Pro to get a black wall paper..
    Now that i think of it i maybe safe to turn off (very good) call blocker "Easy Filter" now. May improve things.

7. kavimani

Ya that seems to be the case here as well.. competely concks off by 11 in the night.. though the phone is only about 3 days old.. thought may be it had some thing to do with charging and apps... But pls do tell me if I decide to install launcher Pro and if tomorrow I do not need it , will the samsung UI come back automatically or some thing needs to be done to get it back on track..

8. Sdi1000

Sdi1000 Member

If you have WIFI on, it will drain your battery like crazy. Try to charge up your phone and turn wifi off for a couple of days and see how your battery are doing. Mine is at 50% today after 3 days in mostly std.by..and Wifi, Bluetoot and GPS disabled...

9. kavimani

WIFI Off, vibrate off... Screen brightness zero.. ofcourse mine is not on standby coz i use the phone for calls, texts, chats and surfing.. ..

10. Manjar

Manjar Active Member

I leave wifi/data/gps etc off unless i need them. And i prefer pull email to push as well so thats a bonus.
    Screen timeout set at 30s but i usually kill it with power button as and when.

You can toggle between Launcher Pro and the stock TW via the central Home Key with nil hassle. If dont want LP after trying it, just uninstall. Its unlikely that you will though : )

11. norseraider

norseraider Member

Reporting in! Quite impressed so far - my Galaxy S had a full charge 28 hours ago, and is now just at halfway (still blue). I have been using it mainly for texts and short phonecalls. I caught a 405lb sturgeon, and surfed the web a bit, but I've not been using WiFi or GPS.

I have the screen brightness set to minimum, and I am running Advanced Task Killer.. although I am not sure how well it works .... at the mo I have Social Hub & Email running, even though I have never used these apps... Hmm.

Generally happy though - I feel like I am not going to get "caught out" by my battery.

12. kavimani

@Manjar: Have installed battery saver .. and till now I have about 45% battery with phone calls, text and chatting in the morning... Have you heard about the 3000ma batteries by mugen... or can u tell me where i can get spare batteries with charger in Mumbai..

13. norseraider

norseraider Member

Ok, so I reckon I get nearly 48hrs out of a full charge, if I am not being too heavy on network usage etc. Battery stats say that it's nearly all screen & cell phone standby.

14. norseraider

norseraider Member

Oh yeah, I've stopped using automated Task Killers (at all) based on the advice given across the web. I really wish that there was a bit more advice forthcoming from Google & Samsung about how best to use our phones.

15. Sdi1000

Sdi1000 Member

5 days, 17 hours and 47 min since disconnect and i am at 20%.....