batteries/chargers on eBay (normal, not extended)General

Last Updated:

1. caspian915

caspian915 Well-Known Member

A search for VM696 battery on eBay pulls up two main listings; this is the one with the "top seller rating":

2 x Battery & 1 x Charger LG Optimus Elite LS696 Sprint Virgin Mobile VM696 | eBay

Has anyone purchased these? I bought batteries from Hong Kong for my Optimus V and what I received in the mail, if I remember correctly, was useless. The batteries didn't fit inside the OV.

Just want to verify before I make this purchase. Carrying an extra battery is always easier than carrying a charger.

2. Rewt

Rewt Active Member

I'm pretty sure they will work. Normally they do work, but don't have as much capacity as the OEM battery. I was considering buying the same thing as you a few weeks back (i ended up disabling some things and getting battery life under control so I didn't). Anyways, the item I was looking at was 2X 1650mah Li-ion Battery + Dock Charger For Sprint LG Optimus Elite LS696 new | eBay which is the exact same thing you posted but for $8 cheaper
    caspian915 likes this.
  3. caspian915

caspian915 Well-Known Member

Thanks. That specific one looks strange... maybe it's the angle of the photograph, but the batteries look more elongated (rather than almost exactly square like they should be). However, a search for optimus elite battery pulled up some good options.

I'll post which one I buy and the results when I get them.
  4. Ranhead

Ranhead Well-Known Member

This is a quote from a different thread:

5. Tejer

Tejer Well-Known Member

It may just depend on the specific battery too and not the manufacturer really. I bought replacements that were not OEM for my V and it performed just as well as the V.
  6. 1nweltownr

1nweltownr Member

Hi all...

I just purchased a LG Optimus Elite and it's on it's way. This will be my first smart phone. I want to buy a spare OEM battery for it, but I can't seem to find one online. Bazaar! I can't find it on VM's website. All I can seem to find on amazon, eBay, etc. are generic batteries. sold buy vendors I've never heard of. Can't find them at all on LG's or Sprint's website.

Just the original stock OEM battery is fine with me. I don't need an extended battery.

Q: Are they universal for all LG Optimus devices?? I see them for the S, V, U, etc. but not for the Elite. Kinda frustrated. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance..
  7. TX-Dennis

TX-Dennis Well-Known Member

8. MacFett

MacFett Well-Known Member

The Optimus Letter is very different than the Optimus Elite. Elite is used as irony in the name of this model because it is anything but Elite. And the S, V, U, M etc model batteries will not fit an Elite.