• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Batteries for the G4

My batteries are not lasting as long as they used to. Has anyone had luck buying an extended battery? I've seen some on ebay that claim 6000mh which is double but they include a new back cover because its thick so I'd lose the nice leather-look. Are there any extended ones or higher capacity batteries that use the stock cover? As far as where to buy them the prices on ebay & amazon are pretty cheap even for the stock one and I wonder if these are good batteries like not old stock.

I've been following this thread on xda about the extended batteries: http://forum.xda-developers.com/g4/accessories/2-extended-batteries-test-t3320662

Semi tempted myself, but I have a potentially unwarranted distrust of 3rd Party battery brands.

I picked up an official LG battery and charging unit. It comes with a small plastic box for the spare battery which I just carry about in my bag/pocket if I'll be out for long enough to think I'll warrant more charge.

Upvote 0
I agree its probably better to stick with oem batteries made by LG. Note that LG makes two capacities. Some will have 2900 mAh and others are the full 3000 mAh. At one point I bought the LG charger and battery on amazon for 20 bucks.

Just checked and you can still get the LG charger cradle and 3000 mAh for around 20 bucks (amazon). That is stupid cheap.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones