batteries from China...how are they working?Accessories

Last Updated:

1. Uzza

Uzza Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

looking to buy come batteries a bad dock and a car dock...what have you bought...what's working..what's nite..post links..

those Hong Kong batteries working out?

Advertisement
  2. speedfreak32

speedfreak32 Well-Known Member

I dont have the link but I bought two batteries and a charger for ten bucks including shipping. They are as good as the oem battery. They last a long time when stored outside the phone.

3. ving

ving Active Member

Batteries are usually fine from HK and for the price, you can't complain really. ;)

4. Dennis_Bham

Dennis_Bham Well-Known Member

My 2 have life similar to the OEM.

5. TevocRoux

TevocRoux Member

My OEM battery doesn't last more than 4-5 hours. I've been reading posts to increase it....changing settings...seems nothings works.
    I bought the two battery + charger on Ebay....should arrive in a few days. I'll let everyone know how it does.

6. SuperAkuma

SuperAkuma Well-Known Member

I made a post about it about two weeks ago and many people said they suck. I had mine for about two weeks and it has been great so far.

I charged a battery and use the other one. I don't have to worry about running low now. The only thing that sucks is you have to remove the battery and if you have a case it is a little annoying.

7. Max Tempest

Max Tempest Well-Known Member

I've had the HK batteries for over a month and they work fine, comparable to Captivate battery after it's been powercycle-improved. Very handy to have a spare on you as you are out and about. I put a full-body protector on my phone, no case, so easy to swap batteries. I can imagine the annoyance removing a case every time you swap batteries.

8. phillipbess

phillipbess Member

they work fine, the Oem battery seems to last a litttle longer, but 2 for 10 bucks its an absolute steal...

9. mercdizzle

mercdizzle Well-Known Member

i have the same batteries. I charged them both when I got them, and threw one in my pocket. I've kept that battery in my pocket for about two weeks now. I finally needed to swap batteries last night before going out, and it was still at 91%. They work great!

10. b534202

b534202 Member

Do I need to specifically get the Captivate battery on ebay or is the battery the same for all 4 Galaxy S phones?

11. alphadog00

alphadog00 Well-Known Member

The batteries are the same for all 4 phones. You can confirm by going to Samsung website and looking up the battery and then seeing what it fits - all the phones.

There have been some reports of phones rebooting when using these batteries - not a lot, but some. So I opted for another solution:

Amazon.com: Energizer XP4000 Universal Rechargeable Power Pack: Camera & Photo

It will charge my camcorder too, so for me it is one spare for 2 devices. I don't expect to be carrying a spare phone battery in my pocket even if i had it.

b534202 likes this.
  12. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

You know, this is kinda funny. Most people in Hong Kong don't usually buy the Chinese made batteries (unless if they are official ones) for fear or explosion.