Battery 1600mah

1. downey667

downey667 Active Member

Advertisement
  2. dvhttn

dvhttn Well-Known Member

"... * Best replacement for the original battery with comparable standby and talk time. ..."

With 1/3rd more power? I'd steer well clear.

Dave
  3. downey667

downey667 Active Member

You think that would fry the phone?
  4. CheesyPeteza

CheesyPeteza Well-Known Member

Could be worth a gamble. I'll order one now and report back my findings.

I very much doubt it of having more power, more likely it will be the same power or a lot worse. Also a good chance it doesn't even fit/work.

I suggest you wait for me to report back, someone else buy the next one though!
  5. dvhttn

dvhttn Well-Known Member

No. I was saying that with a power rating 1/3rd more than the OEM one then the phone should last 1/3rd as long again ... but their own statements contradict that...... :confused:

Dave
  6. Krimian

Krimian Well-Known Member

I'm getting bad vibes from that item. :O
  7. bigal23

bigal23 Member

very interested in this is that ebay item 100% acurate or could it just be rebranded as 1600mah?
  8. karnka

karnka Well-Known Member

It will most likely be a fake.

With the original desire there were a lot of 'higher capacity' batteries sold on ebay etc that were nothing of the sort.
  9. SpencerUk

SpencerUk Well-Known Member

Unless its an official battery, I won't even bother looking at it
  10. karnka

karnka Well-Known Member

11. downey667

downey667 Active Member

Report back then cheesy, i wanna order it too if it is better. The seller has mostly positive feedback.
  12. eddiewawa

eddiewawa Well-Known Member

ditto to the above, looks like the compramise is to bring a space along for the ride as a just incase :)
  13. CheesyPeteza

Once it arrives in a couple of weeks I will run some tests playing videos with stock battery and new battery to see how long it lasts.

I'll be happy if I get the same power out of it.
  14. downey667

downey667 Active Member

I may aswell order one now myself. It definately won't have a harmfull effect on the phone will it?
  15. Sloper59

Sloper59 Member

It doesn't have more power than a standard battery, it just has more capacity. It should not fry your phone if it's the same voltage.

I doubt it has any extra capacity anyway, since they claim " Best replacement for the original battery with comparable standby and talk time"

Surely comparable means 'about the same as', so, no extra capacity then!
  16. CheesyPeteza

I always buy my replacement batterries from Hong Kong, I've had 1 set of batteries that were terrible and about half the capacity. 1 that were exactly the same as the original I had, and one other that said it was extra capacity and actually was.

Logic says to me if the battery is the same size it will have the same capacity. I would assume HTC didn't decide to leave some unused space inside the battery so I expect it to have the same capacity.
  17. eddiewawa

yeah you know i remember once looking at a guy that did a test with this giant 3200mAh for my HTC hero (required another battery cover), a bigger 1500mAh and the standard 1350mAH i think....the conlusion was the 1550 had around 3 hours extra life compared to the 1350, and the 3200 lasted for like nearly triple the original, see what you guys think, i know the 3200 is out of the question due to the unibody, but im sure someone could squeeze a few more mAh out of the standard DHD battery factor lol

Mugen Power 1550mAh / 3200mAh HTC Hero Battery Review | HTC Hero | T-Mobile G2 Touch Blog
  18. Brewster0101

Brewster0101 Well-Known Member

So this 1600mah could add 33% extra more juice. Hope it is not dodgy and works. I think I may order one and see what happens. 33% extra juice would get me through a full active day.

I did see for the desire on ebay a 2200mah battery exists. I wonder if one like this would come to the desire HD.
  19. Pothers

Pothers Well-Known Member

I dont normally trust ebay for memory cards or batteries but thought I would take a
    Leong428, eddiewawa and karnka like this.
  20. eddiewawa

lol go pothers! we're waiting for the field report on this bad boy :p
  21. RussWWFC

RussWWFC Well-Known Member

Me too, shocking battery life today. Did about 15 minutes walking Sat Nav with Google Maps, 15 minutes HDSPA Web Browsing, sent a couple of texts. This was after it came off charge at 2pm, by 10pm it was dead
  22. CheesyPeteza

Me too, go Pothers.
  23. faugusztin

faugusztin Well-Known Member

Maybe you have something running in background which kills the battery (some sync stuff) ? I'm at 38.5 hours with 33% battery remaining (4.5 hours awake time, light usage).
  24. eddiewawa

yeah auto sync and gps usually kills my Hero. Wish the guys could come up more efficient ways of accessing mobile data, seems to kill my phone quicker than wi-fi for some reason lol