Battery after full charge

Last Updated:

1. Jooky85

Jooky85 Member This Topic's Starter

I usually charge my phone overnight, so plug it in and let it charge until i get up on a morning.

However I'm noticing when I unplug it, the battery drops almost instantly to between 96 and 91%. I'm thinking this is a case of overcharging? Its just happened to me now, so I've turned the phone off, let it charge and as soon as the orange light turns green I'll unplug it and turn it on and see what happens.

Anyone else any experience of this? I want to charge overnight, but if its going to give me a worse battery life by doing so...

Advertisement
  2. ma11en

ma11en New Member

Hi Jooky,

with the Desire the battery charges until full and then the charging system switches off and the phone continues to run from the battery.

If you then unplug and plug back in the battery will top up.

It would be nice to think that there could be a firmware update that would allow the phone to run from the external power source once the battery is charged or to switch the battery to trickle charge to keep it topped off.

Jooky85 likes this.
  3. Jooky85

Jooky85 Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for that, that is abit of a pain then!

My battery is now sat at 99% after my turn off and recharge trick. Perhaps a re-think of my charging stategy is required, not so bad on a weekday but on a weekend I sleep in, so it'll drain itself quite quickly!

4. ma11en

ma11en New Member

5. Eris Ed

Eris Ed Well-Known Member

I had the same issue when charging overnight. My battery must have reached 100% at about 3am and stopped charging, so it was showing 95% when I woke up later that morning. I now try and charge during the day so I can control it - 2 hours at work and the same at home in the evening keeps it above 30% at all times.

6. puppy

puppy Well-Known Member

The exact thing happens to me too. I've started leaving the phone in aeroplane mode overnight, that way it doesn't loose quite so much charge overnight.

Also give it top up charges during the day when I'm driving:rolleyes:

7. Eugene's Mac

Eugene's Mac Well-Known Member

I have read somewhere that the phone will charge until full and then change to run on batteries. If the phone reaches 90% on batteries while still plugged in, it will start charging again to 100% and the repeat again.

8. sookster54

sookster54 Well-Known Member

Having Studiokuma airplane scheduler is a nice thing, also no interruptions at night with the random unidentified phone calls at 2 am I've been receiving lately.