• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery and Charging Problems

Im a user of a Xperia Play phone when i charge my phone the charger becomes hot and the battery becomes hot and sometimes if i cant wait to play the game i play the game while charging or remove the charger and just now i got shadow gun i waited for it to download while charging and the battery is hot and i asked my sister she said it might over charge but its on 29% because i left it last night downloading and when i woke up it didnt download but its 10% of battery but last night it was 30% of battery after downloading it today it was 29% and i waited an hour to finish downloading the game so im scared to charge my phone now because it might cause damage i need help now please

-xXAdvanceXx

I can advise that leaving the handset on charge over night will not hinder the batteries performance, you can not over charge the battery.

In regards to the heat from the device, I can advise that this is normal the handset will heat up when playing games or being charged however it will never get to a point where it is uncomfortable to use.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones