Battery and lag issues on DroidSupport

Last Updated:

1. bpaint2807

bpaint2807 New Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, I have check the forums and found numerous posts about battery issues as well as lag issues. I am having both at the same time.

First off with the lag. It happens on everything, contact list, app menu, web browsing, typing messages, you name it, it lags. I have tried task killers as well as anti-virus software and nothing has helped. Tried power cycling, tried pulling the battery, even formatting the SD card. Nothing fixes this.

The lag started just about the same time as:

Battery issue. The same day the lag issue began I noticed my battery lasted about 6 hours and the phone shut off. I plugged it in, allowed it to charge to 100%. After about 30 minutes the battery was down to about 70%. Under settings -> about phone -> battery use I consistently have:

Android System - 48%
    com.antivirus - 21%
    Display - 16%
    Android OS - 13%
    Cell Standby - 2%

Both issues happened randomly. It was not after I changed a setting or downloaded a program. I have actually only downloaded maybe a handful of apps. Someone please let me know what is wrong and how to fix it.

Thank you

Advertisement
  2. HappyDude

HappyDude New Member

I have the exact same issues. 1st 2 weeks phone great, battery great, after last weekend, 5hrs battery & lags on everything with the same % usage breakdown.

Anybody have any solutions?

3. wxjeremy

wxjeremy Active Member

4. HappyDude

HappyDude New Member

thank ya thank ya thank ya...uninstalled anti virus & Droid is great again! Now I can keep taunting my loser Iphone pals!

5. akkordn2u

akkordn2u New Member

I had the antivirus app and it worked great. Then they did an upgrade to the app and I had the some problems you described. I uninstalled it and now im good again.

6. neemo6

neemo6 Well-Known Member

Can the ota update have anything to do with battery life, been seeing alot of battery issues on many forums blaming the last update. I wouldnt know because I got the phone this past weekend and have had horrible battery life the whole time, actually thinking about taking phone back.

7. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Neemo, I replied to your other post - your 10 hours at full use is actually pretty darn good, all things considered.

The OTA update to 2.0.1 did not significantly change my battery life (hell, it didn't even insignificantly change it). But that it just my experience.