• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

battery and phone getting hot problems

mumble62

Lurker
Aug 21, 2014
Just got me a HTC One X plus after having a HTC desire hd for a year or so..this one is a second-hand phone i am getting a couple of issues not sure if there normal or if i need to send this phone back.. ok problem 1.. when in use eg on net or playing a game the phone front and back near camera get hot.. not warm hot.. not that hot is burns but hot enough that if is a little uncomfortable.. it seems to be only on long use of phone 20 - 30 mins etc.. problem 2.. even when switched off the phone loses charge over night... so is this normal or am i just being a tad picky with this phone lol

My HOX+ gets quite hot when working hard. I don't do much gaming but when I browse the internet using mobile data for extended periods.

How much charge does your phone lose overnight? If I do a full reboot mine loses a couple of % each time but otherwise the battery is quite good even after almost 2 years. However you might want to enter settings>power & scroll down to the bottom of the list & make sure that Fast boot (Start up & shut down quickly) is not checked. This function if enabled prevents the phone from fully shutting down & may be responsible for your battery drain while off.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones