• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

battery app

pcdebb

Android Enthusiast
Aug 29, 2010
Tampa, FL
can anyone recommend a good battery monitor-typed app? It can be a widget or app, but I'd like to have some sort of visual representation of how much battery is left (like a %). Doesnt have to be in notification area (unless I can hide the stock one). All the ones I search in the market just dont look like they are worth anything, and if I pay for one, I want it to be worth it.

I'm monitoring my battery usage. I installed one and it told me 30% but the stock battery bar was full. It was then uninstalled.

I am using Battery Indicator Pro. On my Epic, I have it set to sit on the top status bar, about the same size as the stock battery icon but with a numeric percentage inside of the icon. That's really all I want to know. I ran it almost to dead to see if accurate, and it seemed spot on from the start. Small, simple and always there (which you can configure not to be there if you don't want it that way).

Want more info at a glance? Slide down the notification bar, and you will see how long since last plugged in/how long fully charged (if plugged in), battery temp, voltage. Want to see what's been eating the battery? Click on the notification, and you can see. If you really want to get more heavily involved, there are many areas to see and adjust including estimated battery time for light, medium and heavy use.

It even has a feature to disable your lock screen if you want.

It did cost a whole $1.49. :eek::D I think it was money well spent. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones