Battery at 50%, I rebooted and the new Battery indicator is at 90%Support

Last Updated:

1. maxwellimus

maxwellimus Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So.. what is going on exactly? Has anyone experienced this?

Advertisement
  2. Darkhan

Darkhan Well-Known Member

I am thinking this will be addressed in the update tomorrow?

3. Travisimo

Travisimo Well-Known Member

Yes, I saw this too. I used the phone for several hours yesterday after a full charge. The battery showed is was getting low. I had to reboot for some reason, and when it came back on, battery was up significantly. I was able to use the phone for several more hours. However, once the indicator turned yellow, it was a VERY short time before it just went to red and shut itself off because it was down to 5%. So overall, the battery life was very good but the indicator is definitely not accurate at all times.

4. xander66

xander66 Well-Known Member

This has happened to me, but not as drastically. I'm sure it's just a software issue that will be addressed soon.

5. jthacker

jthacker Well-Known Member

I just manually powered down with the battery indicator level at yellow (roughly 10%), and realized that when I attempted to turn the phone back on, the battery was too low to allow the phone to start back up. Put the phone on the charger (with the phone showing 0% initially), and less than 5 minutes later I restarted and the battery indicator shows 60%.

So the battery indicator showed 0% initially, and after around 3 minutes of charging it was reading 60%.

This is just my second charge, so I'll give it a few more cycles (and a software update) before I make any assumptions.

6. Ragin Cajun

Ragin Cajun Well-Known Member

It seems like the software takes a few charges to calibrate the battery. Ive charged mine at least 5 times now and the battery meter seems to be getting more accurate with each charge. These Li-Po cells are made in mass amounts and not every battery will be perfect from the beginning. Do a few charge-discharge cycles and see if it gets better.

7. thenew3

thenew3 Well-Known Member

Same here, Mine went down to 15% after 1 day and 15 hours of use. so I shut it down and turned it back on, it went back up to 50%, and I've been streaming pandora for the past 4 hours and it is down to only 40 %.

8. just4747

just4747 Well-Known Member

Same exact thing here, literally. I hope tomorrow's update is for this. I know it mentions improved battery indicator..do you think that's what it is?

9. mwpeck

mwpeck Well-Known Member

I hope so, I "dropped" 20% in 45 minutes of web browsing which is quite a fast drop imo. I have a feeling in my case it was an app causing the drop, I disabled juice plotter and I have been browsing for ~25 minutes without dropping 10% yet.

Either way, I would like to see the indicator improved to show battery levels at 1% intervals instead of only 10%, and fix the false% reports.

10. just4747

just4747 Well-Known Member

Well I can't tell if they are changing the indicator for aesthetic purposes or for this very issue...where can we find this out right now??

This is a big deal, it is literally and clearly affecting many of our devices and hasn't improved since day 1. Whether it is a real battery life issue or just this incorrect reading, this needs to be fixed. It is affecting my use of this device very much so- can't do much with a dead smartphone.