Battery battery battery aarrrggg....

1. Johnboy501

Johnboy501 Well-Known Member

.......Why make a phone that will do soooooo much and give it a battery that just cant handle it????? Battery needs to be double for the phone to function properly for a full day!!!

Advertisement
  2. Eugene's Mac

Eugene's Mac Well-Known Member

How long have you had the phone?
  3. Johnboy501

few weeks now, have turned everything off and it still no better. I do send messages all day but that nothing out the ordinary. Even changed background to plain black!!!
  4. kboya

kboya Well-Known Member

Good question, but also what have u been using it for? It has been 21 Hours since i unplugged at 88%; spent 8 hours in the car, driving half lrngth o England n back, 3 hours of music, mobile net on, and maybe 20 mins of maps n gps during. Been on WiFi for last hour. Sent numerous texts, had maybe 15 minutes of calls. I am now at 20%. Don't seem bad to me.
  5. Eugene's Mac

Eugene's Mac Well-Known Member

If you have a look at your battery usage monitor, what is the top 3 items pulling the power?
  6. Johnboy501

Just messages and a bit of facebook. unplugged fully charged, 10hrs later the 14% warning comes on. No wi-fi on, e-mail update only every 3hrs, no facebook sync anymore, weather update off, bluetooth off. cell standby 29%, android system 26% phone idle 24%
  7. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

Screen brightness?

Install spare parts app from market, and look under partial wake what the top culprits are.
  8. Johnboy501

cant imagine what it would be like if i hammered it with facebook updates, news updates, weather updates etc. Don't get me wrong, I love the phone, just wish I could use all the features!!!!
  9. Johnboy501

screen is auto as advised
  10. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

Then you have an app that's either using data and/or preventing the phone sleeping.

What does spare parts say?
  11. tuatha

tuatha Well-Known Member

That dooesn't add up at all.

Press phone and dial *#*#4636#*#*

You'll get a new menu. Select Battery History.

You should have a bunch of percentages on that screen. Tell us what the figure is for 'Running'.

edit: i have to go out, but there's a bug with flickr syncing that prevents your phone from sleeping. If you have a flickr account, disable it under accounts & sync.
  12. Johnboy501

running 24.8%

total running 21.4%
  13. StuartTheFish

StuartTheFish Well-Known Member

Odd, mine lasts a full day, and I'm using the seeds of life live wallpaper, the standard weather widget, WiFi, data, gps etc all on, emulators, going on the internet, emails, a few calls, and so on. For a comparison, on that battery usage screen mentioned above, mine only says 6% running, so something certainly isn't right with yours. The only time my battery was drained too quickly was when I used google maps navigation for just an hour, went from 98% to nothing! I agree it should still last longer though, would be nice not having to charge it back up every single night!

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
  14. tuatha

tuatha Well-Known Member

No, that running time is almost identical to mine, and I get about 20 hours out of my phone.

Go back into the Battery history menu and open the drop-down menu at the top. Select Partial Wake Usage and see if there's anything unusual there.

A normal read out on this screen would have android at the top with about 20-30% usage.
    Johnboy501 likes this.
  15. Johnboy501

Think ive found it, got a sky news thing running away in the background, see how that goes!!! Thanks for advice!!!
  16. madhatter1689

madhatter1689 Well-Known Member

Where do i find the battery usage monitor? Do I need to go to the market?
  17. DesireMe

DesireMe Well-Known Member

The one i was just looking at was: Settings > About Phone > Battery > Battery Use