Battery burning screen?Support

Last Updated:

1. kxs783kms

kxs783kms Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I posted this on other forums and wanted to get opinions from here also. When my phone is on a white screen, like the Google search page, I can see a light brown circle in the middle on my screen. So I'm wondering if the battery is burning the screen. (Something similar to how the battery burns the back of the white iphones and leave a light burn mark.) But can the battery do that to the screen? I did apply a Zagg screen protector with solution, but the circle is to perfect for it to be from that. So, anyone else seeing this or has had this happen to their screen before?

Advertisement
    kbwildcat likes this.
  2. 10splaya22

10splaya22 Well-Known Member

Well my battery has only gotten up to around 110* F and i don't have any marks...I don't know how it could burn the screen though

3. xWraith

xWraith Member

I've had hot speeds and have a little spot as well.

4. kxs783kms

I paid $30 for the d full body screen protector and don't want to take it off if it's not the problem. But with XWraith saying he sees a spot on his, then this can possibly be a problem with a very small batch of phones. Like the screen problem before.

5. kstuffer

kstuffer Well-Known Member

How do you check battery temp?

6. kxs783kms

There's either a battery widget or a few apps in the market that would give you the temp of your battery. I'm just going by the human touch and it gets very hot to me.

7. kbwildcat

kbwildcat Member

I have a small circle in the middle of my screen as well. I can apply pressure to the sides of the phone and the circle changes shape. Almost looks like oil. Its as if the glass is pressed against the lcd. I'm taking it back to best buy.

8. kbwildcat

kbwildcat Member

Best Buy would have exchanged it for me if they had any in stock since I've only had it two days. If they don't have any within 30 days, I will return it and purchase it again when they have more.