• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery change, everything Force closes

Stockmoose16

Apr 29, 2010
I'm running Virtuous 3.0.1, and I have both the stock and extended battery for the phone. My stock battery just ran out of juice, and when I put the extended battery in and started up the phone, I get a series of force closes. Additionally, some apps have magically disappeared - e.g. Handcent. In addition, it has seemingly reverted back to some old settings - e.g. wefi thinks it's just been installed. Weatherbug has a notification that I had previously switched off.

Half my widgets and apps suddenly don't work. And when I try to click on them, I just get a FC error. How can this be caused by switching batteries and how do I ameliorate the issue?

Thanks.

Is it possible you pulled the battery while the phone was shutting down? The exact same thing happened to me because I started shutting it down and pulled the battery before it completely turned off. I was completely stock at the time though. I had to do a factory reset to get things back up and running.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones