• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Battery charge indicator gone from lock screen / turns on whilst charging etc etc etc

galaxai

Lurker
Jun 17, 2013
Hi guys,

Have been having some really strange battery / charge problems over the past week or so that have come from completely out of nowhere. Phone is a (stock) Samsung Galaxy S i9000 running 2.3.6 / I9000XWJW1 / 2.6.35.7-I9000XWJW6-CL1086604dpi@DELL133 #2 / GINGERBREAD.XWJW6 that had absolutely zero issues in it's year+ life before this!

Problems:

If I turn my phone off and connect the charger, it will turn itself back on. (Never, ever, used to do this).
Whilst charging, the battery charge indicator has gone from the lock screen (always used to be there).
About a month ago I installed 'GSam Battery Monitor'. This app used to able to recognise when the phone was charging and display an estimated 'charge time completion' dialog. It no longer does. (Have e-mailed the app developer to see if he has any ideas, too.)

So yeah, stumped. Does anyone have any ideas on what's caused this or, more importantly, how on earth I can fix it (preferably without a factory reset?) I've tried several different chargers on several different outlets, completely draining and re-charging the battery (twice), using a different battery, uninstalling and reinstalling the aforementioned Battery Monitor app, etc etc etc.

Thanks in advance!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones