Battery Charge Time?

Last Updated:

1. Fordude

Fordude Active Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, so I was notified about 1 hour ago that I had less than 5% of my battery left. I plugged it into the wall charger and started pandora and caught up on the forums on my laptop.

I just checked it now (1 hour later) and it says it is 100% charged?!? Seriously, 1 hour to charge from 5%???

Anyone else notice this?

Advertisement
  2. ashykat

ashykat Well-Known Member

Hrmmm that sounds too good to be true. I hope it is true, but if it were me I'd probably let the phone completely discharge then charge it overnight to recalibrate the battery meter just in case.

3. plainbrad

plainbrad Well-Known Member

Just the reverse with me. Mine charges painfully slow. While it does seem to last long, charging it on a fast charger [DC] even takes a while.

4. Fordude

Well, just to be safe I ordered a spare battery for this from mega-capacity.com. $15.60 with free shipping!

Name Code Qty Each Options
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    High Capacity Battery For 3101-CS-HDP180HL 1 15.60
    HTC 35H00127-04M
    35H0012704M Li-ion
    2800Mah
    Subtotal 15.60
    Shipping 0.00
    Tax 0.00
    Total 15.60

5. AsianSensation

AsianSensation Well-Known Member

Fordude, have you already researched and made sure that battery is compatible with the slide? If so, and its really anywhere close to 2800 maH, that's jut too good and I'd also have to pick myself up one of those.

6. Fordude

I took the part number off of the battery that came with the MT3GS, this one was the same part number. Said it was for HTC Phones.

Mine should be here next week... stand-by and I will let you know if it is a go!

7. AsianSensation

AsianSensation Well-Known Member

Is the mytouch's battery the RHOD160 battery? Technically, would any battery made for the HTC Legend/Touch Pro 2 fit perfectly with the Mytouch Slide? I'm currently trying to find the highest capacity battery that's compatible without having to use the extended battery door. I stumbled upon http://batteryboss.org/ and saw their testnig results for the different batteries on the market.

Apparently the stock OEM 1500mah touch pro 2 battery has the best real world results. Assuming that this battery is compatible with the mytouch slide, I think that a 15% battery increase for 15 bucks shipped isn't too bad. (that should extend the battery about 4-5 hours over our stock battery.

Can anyone confirm for me whether or not the battery should be compatible?
    [​IMG]

8. Fordude

Couple things on this..

1. After conditioning my stock battery, it takes just over 2 hours to charge. Battery life is excellent too!

2. The battery arrived yesterday from Hong Kong and although it powers on the phone just fine, there is no freaking way this rear cover would ever fit on there with it! The battery is as thick as the entire slide!

Glad it was only $15!

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using Tapatalk

9. macavely

macavely Well-Known Member

I noticed that when I charge on phone off my computers USB port .. It takes twice as long as when I charge it from the wall charger. It also last a hell of a lot longer when I charge it from the wall charger.. I just wish Power Mat would make a case for this phone I really don't want to put that pad on mine ...

10. sharpaw

sharpaw Member

i know that battery. It's made for a customized rear cover. that makes the mt 3g like a milestone.