Battery ChargeGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Pwei

Pwei Member This Topic's Starter

Hello Everyone... First post!

Anyways I have a question about the battery. I just got my G1 today and I fully charged it (took like 2 hours) and I've been playing around with it for awhile like an hour or so. The battery is at 1/2 bar (green) and after another 30 minutes of playing around with it it went down to yellow. I was wondering if this phone uses THAT much battery? Or am I suppose to charge the phone for 16 hours or something because of battery memory? Anyways thanks in advance!

Advertisement
  2. drustvold

drustvold Well-Known Member

THis is kind of typical of new devices batteries. they tend to come kind of charged. And it takes a couple of cycles before the batterie will both take a full charge and completely discharge.

The likeliness is the phone probably wasn't fully charged when it though it was, and wasn't fully discharged when it though it would. Think of it like a fresh balloon, really hard to blow up the first time until its stretched out*.

*I <3 analogies

3. HTC

HTC Well-Known Member

first, when you get a balloon.. it doesn't come half filled so to speak.. it comes completely "empty", unlike the battery on the G1 which you say tends to come kind of charged.

second, so are you saying the first time you get a balloon.. you cant blow it to maximum capacity until you let all the air out and do it a couple of times since you said it takes a couple of cycles before the battery is take a full charge and complete discharge.

weird analogy if i do say so myself....

4. pestilence

pestilence Well-Known Member

Pwei, the battery life IS really bad if you leave gps, wifi, and 3g on all the time. Get anycut and make shortcuts to those settings and keep wifi and gps off and set the phone to use 2g only unless you need any of them and you'll get normal battery life.

5. drustvold

drustvold Well-Known Member

What I'm saying is that a balloon gets easier to inflate after its been streached out.

And yes, balloons do come empty, sorry about THAT confusion.

6. HTC

HTC Well-Known Member

just doing my job and being an ass. carry on.