Battery charge!?

Last Updated:

1. boomboy

boomboy Active Member This Topic's Starter

Feb 22, 2010

I have a HTC hero and me being me, did not fully charge it when I bought it. Guess started playing with it while it was charging. am not sure if that will affect my charge time. this was few month ago...

I was wondering if someone can throw some light on my issues here

1. my phone takes around 2 or one and half hours to charge after it showing red indication on battery icon at the top. is this normal? doesnt it need more time?

2. I charge my phone for 10 to 20 mins and it becomes half can it get charged so soon? is this normal?

3.I don't have my wifi or gps on all the time. Thanks to this awesome site, I have done my reading.

can anyone tell me how to get maximum out of my phone? and no am not much into music. I sometimes listen to online radio...only sometimes. I dont use any task killers if that might help. And I believe the only way to close any app is by pressing the back button? not sure if they are running and discharging...

Thanks a ton!

2. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

Dec 1, 2009
    Giving the Li-Ion battery a full initial charge won't damage your battery (unlike older battery technology) and 2 hours sounds right. I think that's what the manual says too.
  3. Xavier

Xavier Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Initially... giving it a good couple of hours charge (until the LED goes green), this indicates that the phone's battery is full..

If you're wanting to get the most out of your phones battery, try turning off the 3G. Menu > settings > Wireless and networks > mobile networks > use 2G only networks. Or by turning down the brightness when you're indoors maybe..

Also install a decent task manager from the Market, this will help you control what is running on you phone at any time..