• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Battery charged in Hero now works great?

Well I charged it last night with the Hero charger, as expected it made no difference. 4 hours of being unplugged today in which all I did is use the Google navigation for a 10 minutes trip.. The battery is at 40%. Lame. Thanks for the thread Jesse, it could relate that once full the battery is draining. I do charge it overnight and leave it plugged in until I wake up. Although i'm not sure what the other people are saying in the thread would be right then that it regulates it between 95-100%. My battery life is poor all the way to the last 5%, not just the initial 10%

Upvote 0
I am trying the battery test and every time I turn phone on and plug it in it turns green right away. But when I unplug and turn off and plug back in it' stays orange for a minute then turns green. Do Ineed to keep doing this till it turns green right away when I plug it in off? It doesn't take that long to turn green from when it's off and plugged in. Maybe 30 seconds is that a big deal?

I left my battery unplugged all night while sleeping 9 hours and for 6 hours at work until it finally went to 15%. I don't; get a good signal at work and i left wifi on all night at home by accident and I had it on at work in the basement cause I don't get good signal. I did send several text and made a couple phone calls and surfed the web a little. Around 8:00 it started saying 15% then 10% and I charged it at work for a bit plugged into computer then in the car when I left. But I keep doing the battery thing and it's green right away when on and not when off. I've done it 6 or 7 times I think already.

Upvote 0
So my battery life was pretty poor, i'd be lucky to get 5-8 hours with minimal use and playing around with 4G on occasion. I tried my wives Hero battery to see if it made a difference.. it didn't seem to. So after her phone charged my battery up I swapped back. Now with normal use, playing music with it in the car, browsing the web on occasion, doing speed tests 3G/4G, couple hours of phone calls, some games, messing around with the LEDs as a flash light i'm still at 30% with 1 Day 4 hours unplugged. What the heck happened with her phone charging my battery!? What an improvement! I made no other changes on the phone besides that. I'll see if after my own phone charges the battery if this lasts or if perhaps there is an issue with the phone charging the battery. Pretty odd, just thought i'd share and see if anyone has any ideas what could be happening.

i let my brother charge my battery in his eris and it did last 24 hours+

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones