battery charged suspiciously fastGeneral

1. andrewx77

andrewx77 Well-Known Member

Something strange just happened. My battery was almost dead, so I plugged it in and literally 5 minutes later I was at 80% charge. That can't be right. I even installed a battery app and it's showing the same reading.

What's going on here?

Advertisement
    :
  2. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Did you restart it at all while it was charging? Occasionally battery stats can get a little batty. (though this is generally when something with your ROM is buggy).
  3. andrewx77

didn't do a thing. It's been on the whole time.

it was nearly dead, I plugged it in, and minutes later it's at 80. I've left it unplugged to see what happens but it's still at 80%. Maybe I'll restart it now to see if it changes.
  4. andrewx77

just restarted. still at 80
  5. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

Charge the phone fully before you use it again. The phone resets battery calibration when the phone reaches full charge, as previously mentioned. It's possible that the calibration was messed up a bit (so that it wasn't really close to dead before; just misreporting.)

The odds are high that it could also be that the battery pack is getting close to failure. If you've had it since the Bionic was released, it's possible that there have been enough charging cycles that the battery pack cano no longer hold as much of a charge. (When that happens, it still reports a full charge as 100%.)
  6. andrewx77

well I doubt it could have been off by much. My phone hadn't been charged for almost 24 hours and I used it all day. Even if it was off by let's say 30%, even that much charge going to 80 in a matter of minutes would be strange.

This is very bizarre. perhaps my bionic is haunted.

I'll keep an eye on it and report if anything weird happens
  7. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Perhaps the calibratin is *NOW* off. Perhaps your battery is *NOW* dying. Could be either of these also.

Best way to help ascertain what's really going on is to leave it charging for a long time (until either 100% is reached, or else the time on the charger is at *LEAST* more than double the normal time it takes to charge your battery fully or overnight, whichever is easier to do). - It might even never go above 80%, seen that reported where battery will charge up to a certain point and go no further, indicating a bad battery.