• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

battery charged suspiciously fast

Charge the phone fully before you use it again. The phone resets battery calibration when the phone reaches full charge, as previously mentioned. It's possible that the calibration was messed up a bit (so that it wasn't really close to dead before; just misreporting.)

The odds are high that it could also be that the battery pack is getting close to failure. If you've had it since the Bionic was released, it's possible that there have been enough charging cycles that the battery pack cano no longer hold as much of a charge. (When that happens, it still reports a full charge as 100%.)

Upvote 0
well I doubt it could have been off by much. My phone hadn't been charged for almost 24 hours and I used it all day. Even if it was off by let's say 30%, even that much charge going to 80 in a matter of minutes would be strange.

This is very bizarre. perhaps my bionic is haunted.

I'll keep an eye on it and report if anything weird happens

Upvote 0
Perhaps the calibratin is *NOW* off. Perhaps your battery is *NOW* dying. Could be either of these also.

Best way to help ascertain what's really going on is to leave it charging for a long time (until either 100% is reached, or else the time on the charger is at *LEAST* more than double the normal time it takes to charge your battery fully or overnight, whichever is easier to do). - It might even never go above 80%, seen that reported where battery will charge up to a certain point and go no further, indicating a bad battery.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones