Battery charger from Brookstone

Last Updated:

1. TeamPEZ

TeamPEZ Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Feb 28, 2010

As I was walking around the NY airport this afternoon waiting for my flight back to GA, I came across a Brookstone store. As I was looking around, I spotted the Rechargeable Backup Battery Smartphone Emergency Battery, Blackberry Backup Battery at Brookstone. It was only $40 and they said I could return it at any Brookstone. What the heck, right? I mean, they did say I could return it and I pass one on my way to work every day. What do I have to lose?

I opened that sucker as I left the store and kept it plugged in as I walked around listening to music (about 45 minutes) before getting on the plane (I was at 83%) with a 10 minute shut down and then putting it back on as we were airborn. Before I knew it, I was fully charged, while I was listening to my music AND playing Angry Birds. This went on for two hours straight. I disconnected my phone and it was still at 100%. I was amazed!

By the time I disconnected, called the Mrs to let her know I landed, picked up my luggage, walked to my car and paid for parking (about 30 minutes) I was at 98%. I made some calls in the car, read some emails, facebooked and texted (all at stop lights, of course!) I got home about 5:30pm EST. As of this writing - 2.25 hours later, I am at 81%.

This is definitely an alternative to the battery sucking problem until they fix it! This may be something that you can ask Santa, Hanukah Harry, Kwanza Ken, or any other person for. This sucker works! I can't wait to use it geocaching.

2. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2010
    i have heard these work fairly well but ended up going with an extended battery rather than toting the external emergency battery around.

I think if I traveled more often something like this would be great. but for my purposes the battery works plenty...I kept my original just in case and have yet to need to carry it with...even on a 4 day camping trip
  3. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2009
    I have an APC USB battery extender already along with a ZaqqSparq 2.0 with 2 USB outlets. They both work well.

Good to see more options like this. Most of the time I have a spare HTC battery in my pocket as that's a bit more portable.
  4. Rigmaster

Rigmaster Well-Known Member

May 4, 2010
    Portable batteries are usually pretty good. The fact that there DC current should make charging faster, but I don't think it should have any impact on the quality of charge.