Battery Charger knows when to quite ?Support

Last Updated:

1. zaphodbebleebrox

zaphodbebleebrox Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

so i normally charge my battery with a USB cable while tethered to the computer. So i get this message "Battery Fully Charged, Remove Charger From Phone".

QUESTION: Doesnt the phone know when to stop charging or does it just keep on charging? The phone doesnt feel hot but i dont want to fry the battery.

Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. Blue218

Blue218 Well-Known Member

Mine says the same thing and I charge it off of the wall charger.....with a splitter and the extra battery.....is there a problem with not disconnecting the phone at this time or always leaving the extra battery in the charger?

3. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

No there isn't. Lithium-Ion batteries are a great deal different than other types, most notably the Nickel-Cadium batteries we used to see in more cell phones.

I've always left mine on the charger over night and have always enjoyed long battery life.

Blue218 likes this.
  4. zaphodbebleebrox

zaphodbebleebrox Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

well here is the reason i asked.

yesterday night i ran the phone's battery all the way down till it powered off. so this morning i hook it to the usb cable to tether to the computer SSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHH!
    for some wifi action and after 1 hour the phone says its fully charged.

my las phone was a LG ALLY and the usb BARELY charged the battery, more like a TRICKLE CHARGE. SO iam pretty sure not a lot of juice is being supplied.

So i listened to the music player this morning while cleaning, maybe 30 minutes, and re-hooked the Fascinate to the usb cable.

Maybe the battery does have to be cycled a couple of times to "break in". Compared to the ALLY Iam getting some crazy long battery times.

Now it is trickle charging like the ALLY, so maybe I had to cycle the battery (its new)
    to get the correct readings.

5. Andre Mermegas

Andre Mermegas Member

6. saps

saps Well-Known Member

The battery will stop charging when it gets to 100% charged. If you dont unplug it the battery will then drain down to 95% when it will re-charge back up to 100% and this cycle will repeat until you unplug it.
    Most of us find that a]charging the battery from stone dead usually take 2-2.5hours and b]usb charging usually is a lot slower; don't have exact time numbers but its significant

TJTHEBEST likes this.
  7. Cuda52774

Cuda52774 Active Member

I threw mine on USB last night after it powered itself down and it recharged to 100% in about 4 hours. Just FYI.

Cuda

8. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Sounds about right. I've never charged via usb from dead too full but I know its significantly slower