• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery Charger knows when to quite ?

zaphodbebleebrox

Sep 24, 2010
so i normally charge my battery with a USB cable while tethered to the computer. So i get this message "Battery Fully Charged, Remove Charger From Phone".

QUESTION: Doesnt the phone know when to stop charging or does it just keep on charging? The phone doesnt feel hot but i dont want to fry the battery.

Any ideas?

..is there a problem with not disconnecting the phone at this time or always leaving the extra battery in the charger?

No there isn't. Lithium-Ion batteries are a great deal different than other types, most notably the Nickel-Cadium batteries we used to see in more cell phones.

I've always left mine on the charger over night and have always enjoyed long battery life.

Reactions: Blue218
Upvote 0
well here is the reason i asked.

yesterday night i ran the phone's battery all the way down till it powered off. so this morning i hook it to the usb cable to tether to the computer SSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHH!
for some wifi action and after 1 hour the phone says its fully charged.

my las phone was a LG ALLY and the usb BARELY charged the battery, more like a TRICKLE CHARGE. SO iam pretty sure not a lot of juice is being supplied.

So i listened to the music player this morning while cleaning, maybe 30 minutes, and re-hooked the Fascinate to the usb cable.

Maybe the battery does have to be cycled a couple of times to "break in". Compared to the ALLY Iam getting some crazy long battery times.

Now it is trickle charging like the ALLY, so maybe I had to cycle the battery (its new)
to get the correct readings.

Upvote 0
The battery will stop charging when it gets to 100% charged. If you dont unplug it the battery will then drain down to 95% when it will re-charge back up to 100% and this cycle will repeat until you unplug it.
Most of us find that a]charging the battery from stone dead usually take 2-2.5hours and b]usb charging usually is a lot slower; don't have exact time numbers but its significant

Reactions: TJTHEBEST
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones