Battery ChargerTips

1. bradyapba

bradyapba Well-Known Member

Anyone suggest a spare battery charger? Looking for one that can charge the battery without the phone.

Thanks!!

Advertisement
    :
  2. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow! VIP Member

Attached Files:

3. bradyapba

yup, thats the one I decided to go with too.
  4. GrandMasterB

Sorry, when I posted that I didn't realize this thread was a week old. Did you receive the item yet?
  5. bradyapba

No worries. I just got it in the mail 10 minutes ago. Looking at it as we speak.
  6. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja VIP Member

grandmaster b it is really odd seeing your name in gold, instead of red
  7. GrandMasterB

So what do you think about it so far? What seller did you buy from? I bought from Cellular 5 star in NY so it is going to take a good week to get here. :(

I know, its looks weird right? But the upkeep on the Gold is a lot easier than the upkeep was on the Red.... :D
  8. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja VIP Member

i have heard lol
  9. bradyapba

I bought it through amazon, seller alwayz-on-sale. Bought it on 2-2, got it on 2-8. Seems a bit flimsy, but it works just fine. Minimal. Compact. It doesnt hold the phone in portrait very well, do to the fact the phone is rounded on the bottom, but holds it quite well in landscape.
    GrandMasterB likes this.
  10. GrandMasterB

Just a few more questions and I promise I will leave you alone ;)

Did yours come in the original Samsung OEM packaging/box as I posted a few posts above? Also did it come with a 1750mah or 1850mah battery?

Thanks for your time buddy!
  11. bradyapba

Yes it came in the Samsung OEM box, and it was an 1850 battery!

And, anytime! Glad to help!
    GrandMasterB likes this.
  12. veccster

veccster Well-Known Member

For anyone else that reads this....I wanted to add my input.

I purchased spare batteries and a spare charger on eBay for $25 shipped. It comes with 2 extra batteries (1990mah) and a charger. The batteries are "china" and do not support the NFC.

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

The charger has an LED light that goes from pink (charging) to blue (charged). It also has the USB input to charge both simultaneously. The plug folds down for easy storage. Only thing I do not like is that the battery sticks out of the side of the charger. In other words, the battery is wider than the charger so it does not fully sit inside the charger. If bumped, the battery could fall out - which is not really a big deal but worth noting.

I have used these batteries in rotation for a couple weeks now and have had great results. They weren't the best in the first few charges (like the OEM battery) but seem to be getting better with more cycles. I can't say they last longer the than the stock battery but seem just as good (hard to compare because usage per cycle is always different).

The only other downside is that it ships from Hong Kong and took about 2 1/2 weeks to get here.

I give these a recommendation and have had great success with them. I love carrying an extra battery with me when I'm leaving for the day. When it gets down to 5% or less, I swap it out and am back to 100%. Also, the spare battery fits nicely in the little "thumb" pocket on the right side of most jeans. I usually forget it's even there.

[​IMG]