• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories battery charger

silverxbv2

May 4, 2010
What battery chargers are out there for the incredible? I just bought a seidio 1750mah battery, but how do you charge both batteries? Obviously you could do one at a time in the phone, but that sounds ridiculous to me. I have seen chargers that charge the battery stand alone and charge the phone usb at the same time, but I don't know anything about them. Any thoughts?

What battery chargers are out there for the incredible? I just bought a seidio 1750mah battery, but how do you charge both batteries? Obviously you could do one at a time in the phone, but that sounds ridiculous to me. I have seen chargers that charge the battery stand alone and charge the phone usb at the same time, but I don't know anything about them. Any thoughts?

I'm trying to find one of these that is located in the U.S., so far all the ones I find are shipping from China:

Charger

Upvote 0
I just got one of those chargers from ebay, the $11 deal with an extra 1500mah battery, and it works great. Really topped off the battery much better than the phone did - so much so, that 2 1/2 hours after changing batteries my meter still showed 100%. Of course, that was after almost no use (6 mins or so), but still .... much better than when charging via the phone.

I'm just not sure, however, how much I want to be changing batteries. Just not too comfortable taking that door off a lot - it seems so flimsy. But I also don't want to keep fully charged batteries just lying around "just-in-case" and not using them.

I think maybe I'll just rotate every few days instead of every day, and continue to charge on the phone in between rotations.

Upvote 0
I just got one of those chargers from ebay, the $11 deal with an extra 1500mah battery, and it works great. Really topped off the battery much better than the phone did - so much so, that 2 1/2 hours after changing batteries my meter still showed 100%. Of course, that was after almost no use (6 mins or so), but still .... much better than when charging via the phone.

I'm just not sure, however, how much I want to be changing batteries. Just not too comfortable taking that door off a lot - it seems so flimsy. But I also don't want to keep fully charged batteries just lying around "just-in-case" and not using them.

I think maybe I'll just rotate every few days instead of every day, and continue to charge on the phone in between rotations.
Do you have a link for that $11.00 deal?

Upvote 0

Does it charge the battery and the phone at the same time? Studio has one for 30-35 shipped that looks cool. Do they do the same thing. I just don't trust fleabay.

Upvote 0
I forgot to add that while charging a battery, when I tried to plug in the phone to charge it also, I got the "frozen screen" problem. So I will be using this for battery charging only.

Edit: just tried charging the phone without a battery in the charger, and it still gets the frozen screen.

Sounds like the USB power outlet isn't putting out the correct Volts or Amps. I'd be careful.

How long did it take for shipping from China?

Upvote 0
I ordered it on May 11, it was shipped on May 13 and I got it yesterday, May 28. So, a really, really long time.

The frozen screen is the same problem I got from the first set of monoprice wall chargers. The new ones they sent me work just fine. I think it's another version of the grounding problem some people are having when they try to use their phones while it's resting on something soft (couch or styrofoam) or in a car dock.

Reactions: Musky
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones