• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Battery charging animation help

From what i can gather, it's part of the boot.img and to make it more complicated it's .qmg format... It would seem that .qmg (qmage) is a propitiatory format used by Samsung.

Some googling has only led to this response
The website is: http://quramsoft.com/solution_e/qmage.asp

This is proprietary software, there is no demo. Since no price is even listed and you have to contact the sales team to purchase the product it is most-likely extremely expensive commercial use only software.

If anyone has more info please pipe in.

Upvote 0
From what i can gather, it's part of the boot.img and to make it more complicated it's .qmg format... It would seem that .qmg (qmage) is a propitiatory format used by Samsung.

Some googling has only led to this response

If anyone has more info please pipe in.

I really appreciate the response, thought I was being ignored or my thread wasn't showing up lol. Thank you for the effort put forth to answer all my crazy questions.

Upvote 0
There is an IMMENSE amount of knowledge possessed by the people on this forum... But sometimes we truly don't know the answer.... even Google-fu (no matter how strong) has its limitations... ;)

Good googly moogly! My Thai-kwon-goo-gle is no match for your google-fu!
I wanted to know this as well.
It'd be awesome to change that.
And what shows up on the d screen.
Is it possible to create our own boot.img?

Upvote 0
Has anyone found out how to do this? I'm looking to totally remove this battery charge animation and replace it with an auto power on so that my android device powers up when its plugged in to the charger (from being off)
I've read all over the internet about modifying playlpm , lpm and ipod files, but my device doesn't have any of these, so Im trying to get to the root of the power off charge animation issue as a way of achieving this

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones