Battery Charging observations

Last Updated:

1. syborg

syborg Member This Topic's Starter

Jul 18, 2010
    I have an interesting observation regarding battery charging.

Sometimes I charge my battery overnight (the phone is OFF) from the AC adapter. I unplug in the morning when I leave for work and power the phone ON an hour or so later. The initial battery level is about 98% with this method.

Other times I plug the USB cable into my home computer and let the phone charge while the phone is powered ON. Sometimes it's attached to the computer long enough to reach full charge. I unplug from the computer and turn the phone OFF when I go to bed. About 10 hours later when I turn the phone back ON the charge level is 100%.

Maybe someday I'll try charging from AC with the phone ON to see what happens.

I charged the phone with power ON via the AC adpater. Then I turned the phone OFF for the night. The next day the battery level was 100%.

What I get from this is that the phone does not fully charge when powered off.

Has anyone else noticed this phenomenon?

2. mo33ktm380

mo33ktm380 New Member

Jan 18, 2011
    correct me if I am wrong but I think I may have read somewhere on here that while charging the phone, once it reaches full charge it will stop charging until the battery drops to like 95% or something and then it will start the charge cycle again?

I only charge mine while shut off and on the ac adapter but I have never seen 100%. And my level varies from 96% to 98% charge when i turn it on in the morning.