• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery charging question

blownss06

May 21, 2010
Miami
Today I noticed that once my phone was completly charged, I disconnected it plug it back in kept charging. I get in my truck put it to charge and get full charge again in about 20 mins. Disconnect again and reconnect, starts charging again. Is this a software issue with theses phones. I thing that the droid1 or incredible had the same issue.

Today I noticed that once my phone was completly charged, I disconnected it plug it back in kept charging. I get in my truck put it to charge and get full charge again in about 20 mins. Disconnect again and reconnect, starts charging again. Is this a software issue with theses phones. I thing that the droid1 or incredible had the same issue.

the fascinate will charge up to 100% and then even when plugged in will stop charging and drop back down to 95% and charge up again...I believe this is done to reduce strain on the battery from being constantly charged, but idk

so when you unplug the phone (and if it wasnt at 100% when you unplugged) and it was at 95%+ it will then recharge back up to 100%

this happens as well on the incredible when you plug back in because the battery charging issue (see charging, bump for the incredible :))

Reactions: blownss06
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones