battery compartment door, major flawSupport

Last Updated:

1. Bendial

Bendial Member This Topic's Starter

Is anyone else having problems with a really weak "seal" on the battery compartment door? Mine falls off almost every time I take my phone out of my pocket, seems like a major flaw considering I've only had the phone for a week, can't imagine what this is going to be like a year from now...

Advertisement
  2. CatsTide

CatsTide Well-Known Member

i'm not having any problems because i holster mine.
    a couple of things you might try:
    1.try placing a piece of paper between the door and the battery for a snugger fit
    2. you might try slightly bending the "hooks"on the door for a better hold....but i be careful...

3. chefboyardee

chefboyardee Well-Known Member

i'm not having this problem but wanted to jump in with a quick and dirty but possibly helpful hack. i had this problem on an older phone (my voyager, i think, i forget really - could have been my wifes envy2).

if you can find somewhere to cleanly place it you could get some of that sticky-tac stuff that teachers use to hang posters on brick walls. a very, very, very small dot of it might be enough to give it the hold it needs.

4. ajm144k

ajm144k Well-Known Member

being a blackberry storm owner for an entire WEEK, i learned the paper-under-battery-cover trick (but used to make the clickscreen click better).

now it works well in keeping my Droid's battery cover a lot snugger. just fold up and tear a sticky note so it fits in there.

5. Nicks88

Nicks88 Well-Known Member

Agreed with the paper trick. Works wonders for me.

6. dmgabe

dmgabe Well-Known Member

If it is that loose, I would take it and get it swapped out. My battery cover (and most from what I have read) is quite the opposite. The cover fits so tightly that is can be a pain to remove. If you are happy with rigging your new phone then by all means do so because you never know what you will end up with if you switch it out. However, there is no way I would settle for a quick fix on a new phone that I just shelled out hundreds of dollars for.

7. Bendial

Bendial Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah I kind of agree, I just got this phone on 11/6 and I had it in my backpack all of last week because I was on a cruise, and the battery cover is falling off almost every time I take the phone out of my pocket, I'll probably exchange it for a new one.