Battery concern

Last Updated:

1. Shelbster

Shelbster Guest This Topic's Starter

I love my captivate. No problems with my gps, it's fast, etc. my only concern is my battery life. I've read here about phones getting much better battery life after cycling the battery a few times so I am trying that now.

Last night, I went to bed with a 97% charge. Woke up this morning and I'm not sure what's going on. My battery left widget said I was dow
    n to a 75% battery. But under settings on the phone, it said I had 93% charge. Any idea which I'd the correct reading? Or why they are different values.

I am afraid of getting stuck with a defective battery after my 30 days are up. Any thoughts are welcome.

Advertisement
  2. Simba501

Simba501 Well-Known Member

Always go by the reading in the settings....I'd say the widget you use is defective. I don't even waste time with 3rd party battery readers. I have a settings icon on my homescreen and it's literally 3 touches away from the TRUE reading of the battery. Monitor your battery over the next day or two, with the reading in the settings. I don't think you have a defective battery.