• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help battery condition

I'm having a similar issue. My battery is draining at an alarming rate. I only have about 5 hrs of use. I'm not sure what draining my battery so much, but I'm starting to wonder if my battery is defective. My Droid is rooted and I'm running Ultimate Droid v5.0. Please let me know.

I haven't run my battery down low as I've read that you get longer life out of your battery the less you deep-draw it, but I can't see getting much longer than a day with only moderate use out of my Droid. I've got an app running that auto-kills all non-essential apps too, so the CPU isn't cycling between a lot of programs. 5hrs does seem low, but the huge standby times Motorola posts in the specs for this phone, seem impossible.

Upvote 0
I have a Telus milestone, and i had the same problem encountered. After many days of testing, turning off wifi, bluetooth, screen brightness etc, nothing was working.

I realized then that i was getting updates from gmail constantly, and it occured to me that it might be the problem. On my Telus Milestone, the default setting for my Gmail sync for contacts,calendar and email was 1 min. So basically, every minute.

So effectively, the hspa data connection would start up, sync all three, then shut down, wait 20 seconds, and start over.

I was getting 5-6 hours of battery, now i can get through a whole day(24 hrs) with light use. Depending on how much talk time i use, i get between 8-12 hrs with browsing/gaming.. etc.

As an aside, in 2.1, i use the power widget to turn sync off and on when i need it...saves 4 steps.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
I've had my Milestone for about a month and Battery has been fantastic! However, yesterday, the battery was down to <5% within 6 hours and I hardly used it!!! No new apps installed, same area as normal!?? I'm hoping this was a one off glitch or maybe a local cell tower down maybe?? causing constant searching? Going to keep an eye today to see what happens......

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones