Battery consumption with mobile internet on

Last Updated:

1. kaushal101

kaushal101 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My unbranded Desire (purchased from CPW) on orange used to last less than a day. I did a factory reset as suggested by HTC engineer and things got a little better. But the battery never lasted over 1.5 days.

Since yesterday things have changed slightly.

See, I didn't used to use my home wifi because I have an unlimited internet plan. So, I just used to keep orange mobile internet always on.

Yesterday, I kept my phone completely on home wifi, during the day and night. And to my amazement, after 1 day and 11 hours the battery is still at 50%.

That suggests me that orange mobile internet connection is consuming quite a lot of power (even more than Wifi???)!!!

I am planning to keep testing this over next few days.

Anyone else has observed anything similar about orange mobile internet connectivity consuming too much battery?

Advertisement
  2. Xavier

Xavier Well-Known Member

Hello :)

This is an issue with any mobile ISP, the constant 'push' connection will drain your battery no matter who your provider is!

I'm working in the Philippines right now and i've had the auto-sync and Orangeinternet APN turned off since I got here, only using the office and hotel WiFi and my battery has been lasting me days..

It isn't only you, everyone with a smartphone has this issue!