battery coverTips

Last Updated:

1. csabika

csabika Active Member This Topic's Starter

whats up with that i had to take the phone back to the store because i thought the thing was faulty until i read the manual says that is a desing

whats the purpose of that its pulls away from the rubber seal otherswise its ok

Advertisement
  2. bfready

bfready Active Member

If you are referring to the spring mechanism that pushes the cover away from the phone when unlatched, it is because the cover is normally flush with the phone. If it had no way to spring up, the gasket seal would make pulling the cover off very hard.

3. csabika

i was refering to the cover is not flat its even says in the manual there is a note the cover is curved by design whats the purpose of that?

check in the book

4. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member

The "curve" is the spring mechanism.

5. csabika

there is a lock on the back to close it and actualy after you cant open it you saying without the curve the cover would not stay on?

anyway im not putting the phone in water to test it if its works i mean the gasket with the curved cover

6. bfready

bfready Active Member

OK, csabika. I see what your saying. I am guessing (guessing here so take that for what its worth) that the spring mechanism tends to curve the battery cover. So, they shaped the lip that the gasket seals on to keep its water tight integrity. If you look at that lip it's curved as well.

Like you said, I don't plan to check how watertight this thing is...

I will be happy if it can withstand accidental spills. Just because you are wearing a bullet proof vest, doesn't mean your going to run out in the battlefield to get shot. HAHA JK.

7. BobbyPhoenix

BobbyPhoenix Well-Known Member

It seals it very well. I have other phones for back up, so I wanted to test it. I played some music, and dunked it under about a foot of water, and it played the music fine underwater. Took it out, wiped the screen, and all is well. A week later, and still no problems. It's rated IP 67, so that is well protected against just about anything.