Battery CoverSupport

1. nogdolan

nogdolan Active Member

Has anyone figured out how to get the battery cover off yet? I have been trying since last Thursday to get it off but have not had any luck (I do not want to break it):mad:

Advertisement
  2. clitrenta

clitrenta Well-Known Member

You're just going to have to chance it. I had to take a freakin screw driver to that bad boy (carefully of course). I finally got it off but I won't be doing that again any time soon. For what it's worth, there are plenty of other people on other forums having the same problem. I hear the purple one isn't quite as bad. Good luck. :(
  3. nogdolan

nogdolan Active Member

The guys a the Motorola Forums made a video of how to remove the battery cover
    https://supportforums.motorola.com/message/130967#130967

The key point is to put pressure on the middle of the cover after you release the lock on the bottom then pull back.:D
  4. clitrenta

Yah I seen that and it did help. I'd still like to know how they think people would just know to do that. :confused:
  5. kn0t

kn0t Active Member

I just push in that button at the very bottom and pull hard straight out, while wiggling it a bit and I get it out. It's not something I'd like to do everyday though that's for sure. Thank God I don't get freezes or anything that would make me need to pop the battery in and out, but I just wanted to see what it looked like with the purple, (I didn't like it), so I checked it out. BTW that purple back doesn't have a grip like the black one does. So even if I liked the color I think I'd stick with the black just for the grip.
  6. clitrenta

The trick is to put a knuckle or finger in the middle of the cover while you're pressing the little thing and pulling out. It comes off relatively easy if you do that.
    chiamedic54 likes this.
  7. InitialG

InitialG Well-Known Member

ahhh, the cliq xt battery covers are a pain in the ass to remove...i hate it >_<. Everytime a customer buys a cliq xt, I always ask them if they are sure they want the purple cover on...then the next day they say they can't take it off and want the black on now...it's such a pain to remove those things..:mad::mad::mad:
  8. clitrenta

Actually, once I seen the secret to doing it (check out MOTO video), it was relatively easy. No way to figure it out on your own though except purely by accident.
  9. chiamedic54

chiamedic54 Member

I bought this phone for both myself and my wife, and this was a very frustrating issue. So, I appreciate this thread and the answers that have come from it. The best method is the one using your knuckle suggested by "clitrenta"... taking the cover off is a breeze now... thanks!!
  10. Kristina424

Kristina424 Member

I have the purple one and its terrible! I feel like Im going to break my phone whenever I have to take off the cover. I use anything flat to push and pry that sucker off. I was on the phone with a rep and they say all the phones are done that way for a reason I was like its not a helpful thing haha.
  11. stuart121972

stuart121972 Active Member

Post deleted