• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery depleting too fast/ taking too long to charge.

t12b25

Android Enthusiast
Jul 22, 2012
Miami , Fl
Hi everybody . Today for some reasony battery depleted a lot faster gsam said the culprit was YouTube at about 40% usage and dolphin browser at about 20% usage . Now night time comes and I'm charging my phone and it says text me is taking up 32.4% and YouTube is at 15.2 and it will take 9:09 to charge . Any help would be appreciated ,
Thank you,
Anthony .

Hi

When the phone battery is low, turn it off (power off) plug it into the original samsung charger (or other 2amp USB charger which is know to be good). Leave for 3 hours. If when you turn it on after 3 hours it is not almost (or completely) charged, its probably a failing battery (meaning get a new battery). I would try this before delving into software issues.

Roger

Upvote 0
Had this happen to me slowley over a long running flash [8 months] of jedi x, reflashed finaly because I had installed a miss formated boot animation (which for some reason keeps the screen black period).

Solved the problem.

I have also used a variety of cables, samsung, lg, and the flat ones on ebay, all work great.

Jawbone and thiner cables disnt cut the mustard.

As for charging bricks, samsung/lg or any other high quality (not cheep knockoffs from ebay) that are 2amp chargers work great for me.

Your milage may vary. Hope this information helps.

Current set up.
Jedi x 20 - android 4.1.2
In wall outlet with 2 usb ports providing 2amps (or 1 and 1 amps)
Flat cable from ebay for .06 cents.
Original battery from lauch date.

My phone rairley is off and I stay charged all day and charge in about 6 hours from dead.

Are you running stock or a custum rom? Perhaps removing some of that bloat?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones