Battery Died durring flash back to 2.1Support

Last Updated:

1. nadabomber

nadabomber Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

died about 60% through. now it wont charge on charger or computer but will stay powered up when plugged into either, sometimes. but only thing on the screen is Bootloader 30.1 in the top left.. code corrupt down the left a few lines below that, then below that it just flashes battery low cannot program. I try to power+camera+volume down and nothing i also try to home+power and nothing....wtf do i do here???

Advertisement
  2. quietguy

quietguy Active Member

I think you need to recharge your battery on someone else's phone or borrow a charged battery and flash it again.

3. ECFfighter7232

ECFfighter7232 Well-Known Member

I think I remember seeing another thread with something similar to this happening... the person had to rig up an old usb cable he cut to get the wires then basically held them to the contacts on the battery (+ to + and - to - obviously) while putting the battery back into the phone to get the phone to have a constant power and charge the battery so he could finish the flash.... sounded sketchy to me though...

4. nadabomber

Are we even sure that with a charged battery it will stop flashing that message and i will be able to boot back into regular bootloader?

5. Exiled

Exiled Well-Known Member

Hope this helps. I posted this for someone else with the same problem, and they said it worked.

Unbricking Your Droid X - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

nadabomber likes this.
  6. nadabomber

7. nadabomber

only one problem now is the battery icon is black with a question mark. and in the middle of the screen when i plug into charge it sais "Invalid Battery" Your device battery is invalid and cannot be charged. Replace the battery with an original Motorola Battery. How do i fix this lol.

edit: when i plug it into the wall charger the Motorola logo comes up and then when the 3d battery with the juice in the iddle is suppose to come up a silver outlined battery with a silver question mark in the middle comes up... so basically wont charge like that either, any ideas?

Verizon is sending me out a new one and asked me if i installed anything called froyo or rooted as when the tech people inspect the phone if they find any sighn of that it would void my warranty and i would have to pay the full retail of the phone they are sending me. I played dumb said i didn't know what the hell they were talking about. With the phone pushed back to 2.1 and i formatted my sd card is there anyway for them to know i was rooted and at 2.2??

I guess this is a 2 part question about the battery and the phone itself, sorry for being so long

8. nadabomber

anyone have a thought on this problem now

9. spb21

spb21 Well-Known Member

I don't know that I would be admitting to theft by deception on a public forum. But that's just me... Nervous Nelly.

10. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

My guess is yes... there may be a way for them to figure out if you installed the leaked Froyo. It'll depend on a lot of factors... whether or not the SBF flash completed successfully... what secret commands are still hidden in Android that people haven't discovered yet... and how much information the encrypted bootloader holds. To name a few...

Sending the phone back in that state is risky! And I certainly don't recommend fiddling with the firmware on the phone and then sending it back to Verizon when it does not work out. If luck is with you, they won't spend that much time troubleshooting the phone before tossing it on the RTV pile.

And I'm with spb21... publically announcing that you're defrauding Verizon Wireless is not a good idea. Are you aware that Verizon employees frequent this forum?