Battery dies 50% overnight. Help!

Last Updated:

1. mcbecker56

mcbecker56 Member

I have a Samsung Galaxy Proclaim from Straight Talk I purchased brand new only a month ago. I know all Androids have battery issues, but my battery dies extremely quick. Last night, I went to bed fully charged (100%) and 8 hours later (without once turning it on) it died 51% while having Juice Defender on with the balanced profile which turns off wifi, 3G, Bluetooth, ect. Here are some screen shots of my battery use. Can anyone tell me what is eating my battery? Thanks!

If that link doesn't work try this one:

2. valorian

valorian Well-Known Member

My guess is your phone is loosing or getting a very week signal overnight. If your phone was a week signal the PA in the phone needs to ramp up to hold it's signal drainign the battery quicker than normal.
  3. jefboyardee

jefboyardee Well-Known Member

mikedt likes this.
  4. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

Yup. There seems to be a lot of gray areas in the "signal" bar.
    mikedt likes this.
  5. mcbecker56

mcbecker56 Member

I don't understand why my signal would be going in and out like that. During use at my house I typically have 4 to 5 bars consistently. Hmm..
  6. valorian

valorian Well-Known Member

In your house yes but what about the area in your bedroom where you set your phone? You may have a dead spot in your house. I have a couple in my house. My kitchen is one of them.
  7. candroid11

candroid11 Well-Known Member

Make sure that your keyboard is not visible before you lock your screen for the night. I once had a battery completely drain overnight just because the keyboard was idle in the background. Also make sure that apps which use your network's connection are completely closed and not idle (phone app, messaging etc.). And as someone else said, turn your data connection off since you wont be needing it in your sleep.