• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery dies way too quickly

amyduke86

Lurker
Dec 27, 2012
I have had my Motorola Droid X2 for a little more than a year now and have had pretty average battery life. About a month ago, my phone started dying within 20 minutes of use. At first it would go down to 15% within about 20 minutes then I would get the 5% warning within a minute or 2 after that. Now the phone will just shut off on it's own with no warning. When I plug the phone in, it usually says that it's at 80-100% battery life. I've ordered a new battery hoping that is the issue.

Anyone have any ideas? I took it to Verizon and they told me it's because I have apps running in the background. If it was purely the apps running in the background, wouldn't I have had this issue the entire life of the phone? It only started a month ago.

Any help is appreciated!

I've had an X2 for almost 2 years now. After working very well for the first few months I suddenly (like in within 1 day) started experiencing unable to hold charge, dying battery, hot to the touch, etc. A new battery didn't help. Only after VZ replaced the phone with a refurbished one did the trouble stop. It was very definitely a bad phone in my experience. My replacement is over a year and a half old now and no troubles at all.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones