Battery display in Cyanogen

Last Updated:

1. jackburnt

jackburnt Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

This is a weird bug. I charged my phone overnight and pulled it off at around 8 AM this morning. Around noon today, my cat's drinking/playing with water dripping from the faucet so I take a few pictures then record about a minute of TOTAL video. (Cute video btw)

As I'm recording, my phone tells me I only have 5% battery remaining. Now, I don't know exactly what battery remaining was, but it was probably ~80% before recording because I only had light usage for about 4 hours.

I plug it in, and check again and it says 60%. So obviously it was displaying the wrong battery remaining.

This a known bug? Or anyone have similar issues? I hope it's not estimating battery remaining.

Advertisement
  2. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

I know I had this happen to me once a long time ago when I was stock. I have read others having the issue too. I think its one of those random bugs that happens

3. jackburnt

jackburnt Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Since I posted, it went from 60% to fully charged.

So I have no idea what's going on.

4. s1ckGhost

s1ckGhost Well-Known Member

Same thing happened to me, but the display was odd.. I checked under Spare Parts and saw that I had 50% battery left, when my Battery Display said i was 3/4 still full of battery.. I check under the settings for battery usage and the same thing 50%.. but my bars said 3/4. o_O

5. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

Never seen anything like this...been running cyanogenmod since 5.0.5.4 or so...