• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery does not charge completely...

I'm sure there are over a thousand topics on this....but when I first got my Desire (3-4 weeks ago), despite poor battery life, it would alway at least receive full charge by indication of the green LED, via the wall charger.

I've noticed in the last week or so, that even after 8-10 hours on the wall charger, the LED stays amber....never goes green, and never receives a full charge (settings, about phone, battery).

Also, while on the wall charger, it would suddenly stop charging and "USB Debugging" would start flashing at the top. I disabled that in the mean time.

Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks so much in advance

Welcome to the forum :)

Rooting won't make any difference to this. My best guess, but it's only a guess, is that the battery is completely shot - quite possible in an old phone - in which case a replacement battery will fix it.

We also have a section specifically for your device, HTC Incredible S - Android Forums, so you may be able to get advice there.

Good luck :)

Reactions: Da Dani
Upvote 0
Thank you Mr hardon but i am living in that country where I can't buy these for on a risk due to short income so can u find some thing exactly for me ... It's possible that some thing wrong with jack ? Or any thing in hardware ?please I am new here and I don't know what is this forms and what kind of help I can get from here ,...

Upvote 0
Yes, you would get better device-specific advice in our Incredible S section (link in my first post).

I cannot guarantee it isn't some other hardware problem, but a battery would be cheaper than any hardware repair. However, I doubt it's the contact (which I guess is what you mean by the jack) - a bad contact could stop it charging at all, but I can't see why it would stop it at 60%. You should be able to rule out software by doing a full factory reset - but as that erases all of your data, you should back anything important up first.

As for whether it's real or not, the Incredible S section would be a better place to ask for advice. They'll also be more likely to know whether a white version was officially released (may be different in different countries). Posting full software information may help - baseband version is often a good one, as that's more rarely faked than most stuff. Information on the bootloader screen might also help: reboot while pressing the "volume down" key and see what it says there (should be a white screen with some little androids at the bottom, some information at the top, and a short menu of options).

As for whether it's new or refurb, I'm not sure. That phone hasn't been manufactured for a while, but how you would tell whether it's just been kept in storage or been used and refurbished (including replacing the case and resetting the phone) I don't know.

Reactions: Da Dani
Upvote 0
Mr hardon I had purchased that bettery but same problem i can say ... It's home key light also not lighting ... And down the home button is charging port ... May be some thing wrong with charging port or home button ... I charged that bettery on desktop charges but when its full I turned on my cell phone showing 84 % its last limite I ever seen on my cell phone ..x some games also not opening like castle master 3d and olx mobile app not download on my cell ...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones