Battery doesn't charge really w/USB to computer

Last Updated:

1. lcc337

lcc337 New Member This Topic's Starter

I rooted my Moto Droid the other day to 2.2. Now when I plug it into my computer, it doesn't seem to charge. Yesterday I plugged it into my netbook and work desktop and it was at 50%. Left it there for a while, came back and was still at 50%. Tried it while mounted and not mounted. Yet, I Plug it into CLA and Home dock all the time and charges fine. Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. FuhxTehAppelz

FuhxTehAppelz Well-Known Member

Usb is a slow charging method, usually I only charge off usb when then battery is really low and has to be trickle charged, otherwise use AC

3. crankerchick

crankerchick Well-Known Member

Yeah USB is slower, but it helps if you turn off the screen and don't use the phone while it is charging too.

4. bobafett669

bobafett669 New Member

I do not even get it to charge. It shows discharging when it's plugged in with the USB cable. It charges on my Win7 Laptop but on my XP laptop is does not work. I have tried the drivers from Motorola but nothing changes.

btw: What does rooting mean? I am completely new to this. I went from a Palm running windows Mobile to Droid.

5. crankerchick

crankerchick Well-Known Member

Are you using the factory provided cable or a third party one?

Rooting means get super user permissions. Once you root you can install custom roms. you are already in the root section posting, read some of the topics and see the power of root.

6. Shadowtech

Shadowtech Well-Known Member

If your XP laptop is fairly old, it could just be that the USB ports don't supply enough power to actually charge it, but will still work fine for data transfer. I know on our Gateway laptop, only certain ports will actually charge our phones.

7. supersaki

supersaki Well-Known Member

This^ Also on some newer laptops there may still only be one 'charging' usb port. It still charges much slower than through a wall charger.