Battery door cover does not fit tight!Support

Last Updated:

1. getlooks

getlooks Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Finally got my replacement EVO yesterday was all excited until I just noticed the battery door cover does not fit tight! There is a gap along the whole right side. big enough for dirt and dust to get into the phone. The build date is 7/05/10.

Also, the camera lens is not centered in the cover hole. There no red showing on the bottom of the hole and a big red gap on the top of the hole.

I cannot believe HTC lets phones like this out the door! Where is the QA/QC?

Advertisement
  2. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

Take it off, then put it back in, I noticed that sometimes, the clips won't go directly into place, there is one clip on the bottom that just won't go in if you put it back the wrong way.

EarlyMon likes this.
  3. FrostyD

FrostyD Active Member

I think the battery cover not fitting right is the most common flaw you will find, other threads have had tons of people say they have this problem. Mine doesn't fit that well either, and I would certainly be willing to overlook it if there weren't other problems like a crooked power button and screen separation.

Hows your screen? Is there any sign of it lifting off the device? I'm hoping my replacement will be problem free >_>

If the battery cover is your only problem, i would consider keeping it for a while to atleast see if you can live with the issue. But if it bugs you, take it back, theres really no excuse for Sprint's premiere phone having so many flaws.

4. Traceamount

Traceamount Well-Known Member

Agreed, put in the bottom first, then the right side and the rest kinda follows. Let us know if it works!

5. FrostyD

FrostyD Active Member

I can tell you that it doesn't always work. I've been careful with the device and have tried putting the back cover on in every different way, it just doesn't want to lay flush on the right side, top right corner, or bottom left corner. And in response to the OP and his claim that the camera bezel being uneven, that looks like its supposed to be like that. Unlike the uneven back which just seems like the cover is slightly too big, the hole for the camera would have to be moved, and enlarged for the camera to fit differently which makes me think it can't be a flaw.

6. Traceamount

Traceamount Well-Known Member

Im aware, thats why I said let us know if it works! :D I didnt relize the first time I took mine off, that it should go back on any certain way(at least I think lol). Mine seems to go back on easier if I start at the bottom, then the right side and the rest kinda just pops in.

7. denise1768

denise1768 Well-Known Member

Nothing works for me. Tried everything. My right side is always loose. I can easily open the cover using the right side rather than the top.