• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Battery door ledge

jazzman09

Dec 9, 2009
Anyone notice that on the back of the device if you look, the left side of the battery door is aligned perfectly with the front metal part of the phone, but on the right side that the speakerphone is on, the top where the battery door meets the metal / on off screen button, it isn't flush with the phone and there is an edge or ledge there, does this bother anyone else?

Also top right corner the bend is off and it is off alignment till it meets the volume rocker.

Man do ppl only complain about the smallest things.. it's off by half a mm for crying out loud... get a life and stop looking at your phone under microscope.

jezzz

I for one, was not complaining at all, merely concurring that there is a "slight" (emphasis on slight) gap in the cover, I think the principal is regarding build-quality.

Upvote 0
Man do ppl only complain about the smallest things.. it's off by half a mm for crying out loud... get a life and stop looking at your phone under microscope.

jezzz

I agree with mobiusdigital, I was not complaining, merely agreeing that a slight misalignment was visible when I put the phone under scrutiny. Since replying to this post I'd forgotten all about it.

Upvote 0
I agree with mobiusdigital, I was not complaining, merely agreeing that a slight misalignment was visible when I put the phone under scrutiny. Since replying to this post I'd forgotten all about it.

Until you replied that is ;-) most phones have 'quirks' the iPhone for example bottom of the phone has a slight lip that if when you unplug the charger incorrectly can catch on the bottom causing a crack. That's more of a fundemental design flaw though :)

Upvote 0
Now that the phone has a few flaws, let's everybody get microscopes and find more. Problem is more and more stupid little flaws are being overhyped. There is a slight displacement of the cover, who cares like you look at the back of the phone.

Anyway the phone will be ok with 3G fix.. damn you HTC/google.. give now!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones