Battery drain/charger problem...?Support

1. Hey guys! Got my Slider not quite 3 weeks ago, and I'm getting a bit worried...

A couple days ago I noticed the wall wart gets pretty darn hot while charging. I seperated the 2 pieces of it - the smaller part with the wall plug, and then the bigger part - and faintly smelled plastic. I wasn't sure if this was "new charger" smell (stuff burning off the components) or what. So I tried charging it again. It got hot, but not burning hot.

The first couple weeks, I could easy get through 2 full days of multiple hours of use without charging it. It could sit idol for 3 days and still have a fair bit of charge on it. But it seems to be holding less of a charge now.

It was at 100% last night around 7 or 8pm. When I got up this morning, it was at 72% at about 7:30am. I hadn't used it for more than 10 minutes all night. According to WatchDog, my CPU useage isn't any higher than normal.

I charged it up to 88% before I left this morning. I've used it for about an hour and a half today and it's at 58% now.

Does it seem like the battery is discharging too fast? It seems liked I was getting a better charge out of it for the first couple weeks. Is it possible theres something wrong with the charger and it damaged it?

I'm on Honeycomb 3.2, if it matters. I don't use a task killer.

Advertisement
    :