Battery Drain erraticSupport

Last Updated:

1. ToxicToastKatz

ToxicToastKatz Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I know that this has been covered numerous times, under numerous various situations, but I am hoping I just missed something.

I've had my Evo for about 2.5 weeks now, and love everything about it, except the battery (obviously). I expected about the amount of battery drain that I'm seeing from day 1, but the thing is, with all things equal, I was getting better battery a week ago.

Basically, I followed several forums and tips that help to alleviate battery drain. I turned things off, tweaked update freqencies and other settings. I conditioned the battery in the manner that was suggested by HTC as well. After doing this, I was getting about 22-24 hours of battery with normal daily usage.

All of a sudden, about 7 days ago, I went from 22-24 hours to about 10-12 (if I'm lucky). I realize that adding certain apps can cause things to go awry, however, I have deleted everything I had installed since realizing the excessive battery drain and I'm still getting drain. At times it appears that the phone isn't sleeping, however, when I look in settings, it's difficult to tell what is keeping it awake.

Normally, this wouldn't bother me, because I kind of expect this kind of battery life, however, knowing that I can easily acheive 20 hours and not getting it is killing me.

Thoughts?

Advertisement
  2. FestoKGB

FestoKGB Well-Known Member

Perhaps an app that you installed started a particular background service running and that didn't get removed when you uninstalled.

Just a thought...

ToxicToastKatz likes this.
  3. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

screen shots of the battery usage statistics?

specifically when viewing the list press android (assuming it is at the top of the list) and check out what is listed there

have you also checked out the partial wake usage via spare parts?

4. ToxicToastKatz

I'm gonna give it another day to see. Today, it went down to 50% in like 6 hours, and then stayed there for another 5. Weird.

I'll see what tomorrow brings.

5. ToxicToastKatz

I'm gonna give it another day to see. Today, it went down to 50% in like 6 hours, and then stayed there for another 5. Weird.

I'll see what tomorrow brings.

6. NOBAMA

NOBAMA Member

omg. am I glad this is not just happening to me!! WTF???? like you said, about a week ago I was getting 22+ hours now im getting like 11 hours?? def noticed something is wrong with my phone. What could it be? please help.

thanks

7. NOBAMA

NOBAMA Member

bump.

anyone else having this issue!?? I use to get 22+ hours on my EVO now all of a sudden I cant even make it past 10 with moderate use.

8. tmwilsoniv

tmwilsoniv Well-Known Member

Respectfully, there's not much we can do, other than guess, without the added information a screen shot of the battery use statistics would provide. If you please, take Mr. Ed's suggestion and attach a screen shot. If you are not rooted and cannot capture a screen shot, at least open the battery use statistics and take a look, and post the statistics as well as you can. The answer may be right there in front of you.

9. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

original poster

look into the app "shoot me"

there are reports that it now works on unrooted phones. it will allow you to take screen shots and then use an image hosting site to post them here.

some have found answers buy using apps like system panel and juice plotter to track their battery hog culprits