• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery drain help!

acext311

Lurker
Jul 11, 2014
Recently my phones battery has been acting very weird. As it is plugged in, the battery slowly but surely is draining. I've also noticed that it's been going dramatically faster than usual. It would go from 100% to 90% in a matter of 5-10 minutes. I'm not sure if this may have something to do with a failed attempt to root my phone. I could say it happened around that time. It could be a damaged charging socket or a bad battery. I'm planning on getting a new battery and new Samsung charger to test it out for myself.

OK so I checked my battery to see what all the percentages were and it said Screen:36% Android System:17% and Clash of Clans:12%
I also noticed that on full 100% percent, it says "24 minutes 31 seconds on battery" I'm actually not sure if this is the genuine charger I'm using. It's a black Samsung power brick and a black cable.

Upvote 0
OK so I checked my battery to see what all the percentages were and it said Screen:36% Android System:17% and Clash of Clans:12%
I also noticed that on full 100% percent, it says "24 minutes 31 seconds on battery" I'm actually not sure if this is the genuine charger I'm using. It's a black Samsung power brick and a black cable.

I know two things based on what you've said in your post.
I'd stick to the regular charger your phone came with. You can order them cheap online. I used an off brand one with my S3 and I had charging issues.
Also, as a fellow Clasher, that game sucks down battery like no other. Great game but it's a definite battery drainer :/

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones