• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

BadSectorGR

Jul 20, 2010
Hi all,
I bought the Galaxy S4 Mini International Version Factory unlocked from Amazon. After charging and first boot I noticed that it has an O2 ROM most probably from Hungary, no issues with that so far (I think).
The problem is that after 2 full charge cycles, the battery is running low with the phone without used. If I leave it during the night at about 40%, in the morning I find it at turned off with battery on 0%.
Is it something that will go away as days go by or I should send it back?
I might install the official ROM before sending it back.
I have installed GSam Battery Monitor & Wakelock Detector and you can see my stats attached.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-08-26-10-36-13.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-08-26-10-36-13.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 91
  • Screenshot_2014-08-26-10-37-10.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-08-26-10-37-10.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 89
I tried all the above but not big change.
I have also put another battery, did a factory reset but still same results.

Could it be that I am running O2 version from Czech? Do you think rooting and putting a custom ROM improve things? or it will just make it worse?

I always have on WiFi, 3G, Mobile Data, brightness auto, power save on and sync on.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones