• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery Drain Issue's Whilst Charging

Janguar4

Lurker
Apr 7, 2014
Hey, for the past few days i have been experiencing the weirdest behavior form my SGS2. The power drain is not a bother when the phone is disconnected from power, but when i charge the device the battery seems to drain faster and not charge up. As you can imagine this is a bit of a hassle so i bought myself another battery to test whether the battery was just a bit old and needed to be replace, this did not resolve my issue. I have also done a factory reset and cleared my cache and do not know what to try next. Thank you in advance to any contributors to a deduction on whats gone wrong.

That thing you plug into the phone is a battery charger, not an external power supply for the phone. Turn the phone off while it's charging. (The charging port has probably developed some resistance on its contacts, the plug on the cable might have also, so you're getting less charging current - not enough to both charge the battery and run the phone. So all the charger is doing is slowing down the battery drain.)

If you absolutely must have the phone on at all times, invest ina spre battery and a charger you can put a battery in to charge. (It's not much of an investment - 2 batteries and a charger are about US$25.) Then you can always have a charged battery to swap in and charge the discharged one.

Upvote 0
I am having the same issue. My battery will actually drain during charging. Bought a new battery, it seemed to This started two weeks ago. My battery began to actually drain while charging over night. I would power the device off, and it would go to a screen with the Android green guy that said "Downloading, Do Not Turn Off Target." At that point it would not be charging. I have since purchased a new battery, and while it no longer goes to that screen when it is powered off - it will not charge at all when the device is off. I'm kinda freaking out. I have done a factory reset, put my screen all the way down, bought new chargers and batteries, nothing is working. I really hope someone on here can help.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones