• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root battery drain issues

Scrillex

Dec 3, 2010
Utah
So my phone was doing pretty good on battery til I made the switch to the newer mecha kernals (adr, ziggy, imo). Tried skyraider, bamf forever, and synergy and all seem to have piss poor battery life. I used to be able to get 14+ hours out of my phone.

Im now at 6 hrs with 20% left. Is my battery taking a dive or do I need to try a different combo?

Have you messed with the overclocking options given by the kernel? Also what do you have screen timeout set to, you could try setting it to a lower number.

You could try wiping battery stats in recovery, they may or may not affect how the battery is being displayed by the OS

Upvote 0
I have OC/UV the settings in the kernal, used different governors,

Screen timeout is set to 15 seconds

And when I flash the new roms, I do the battery wipes and charge it, charge it, charge it so it always charges full as posted on xda.

like....charge unplug charge unplug etc so the lights come on quicker

Upvote 0
Switched to eternity last night...I guess i found the solution that worked. Been unplugged since 7 am and its now 12:49 am and I am left with 3%.

The display is only using 30ish % now where on the others it was 60+%.

Not trying to knock anyone here as I have used mainly BAMF roms in the past but Eternity is very stable and smooth.

Upvote 0
I'm on ShiftS3ns3 with the same problem, that's what has me here at the forums. The dive in battery life happened separate from any ROM install, once I find something that generally works I stick with it for a few weeks.

Display and dialer eating up all my battery. At first, I thought it was RocketDial but the same problem happened with the stock dialer.

Proximity sensor stopped blanking the screen during calls at about the same time. Cleaned it, no luck.

A lot of apps have been doing ICS updates, I figure some of them are going weak on the regression testing. Alchemy force closes every reboot and has for weeks.

Upvote 0
The Dialer battery problem continues and posts are appearing about it across many forums. It affects stock GB OTA users as well as rooted users. Is anyone else having this problem, dialer takes way more battery than you'd think it would need based on your usage?

Started happening for me about a month ago. Kills an extended battery in about 14 hours, standard battery in 6.

Problem is not related to assisted dialing.

Happens with stock and replacement phone apps, this isn't a problem with the application UI, this is a problem closer to the RIL. This is the system app HTC Dialer v 2.00.0000.178661 (on the about screen, 4.1.000.178661.605 on the app detail screen).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones