Battery drain nexus s solution

Last Updated:

1. frankkduf

frankkduf Banned This Topic's Starter

If you have updated to 2.3.3 , now you can save alot battery because Green power is now working good. you can try it for free on market, I just tried it on my nexus s and its working perfect, i can easely have an extra day, just checked in battery stat and no longer cell standby over 35-40% and no more google map over 10% (just log out lattitude) and set screen auto or lower brightness ! thats it.

Advertisement
    $ahil likes this.
  2. StarMenace

StarMenace Well-Known Member

What settings are you using for Green Power?

3. frankkduf

Frist of all I use manage wifi/mobile network because both use alot battery
    This is a lil review I made : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji_IYSHDQt0
    ... its in french but I think just by seeing it on video you will be able to set it same as me.

4. $ahil

$ahil Member

Do you HAVE to have 2.3.3 to do this, why can't you do this with 2.3.2?

5. frankkduf

It was not working well on 2.3.2 but now in 2.3.3 its working perfect , if you are 2.3.2 try it but i am pretty sure its gonna be working bad, and why you wouldn't get 2.3.3 ? I have it since its available and no problem

6. $ahil

$ahil Member

Well the reason I want to avoid 2.3.3 is that people saying the colors are washed out after updating to it. But I guess I'll do it eventually

7. quantumrand

quantumrand Well-Known Member

I don't think the colors are washed out with 2.3.3. I actually like the colors on 2.3.3 better because it doesn't have that weird red/purple tint all over.

8. B2L

B2L Well-Known Member

I agree my screen looks much better and I haven't had any problems at all with my phone since the update. I don't know why so many people are not updating. The reboots are gone and I'm no longer getting a weak signal.

9. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

The screen is definitely more real looking since the update. Whites which felt yellow initially now feel really white compared to other screens.

10. Chuckenfoot

Chuckenfoot Member

How do I get the update? I've been waiting on the auto update but it hasn't come yet!

11. Martin J

Martin J Active Member

What exactly is the difference on 2.3.3? I tried Green Power on 2.3.2 and it made no difference whatsoever, other than to make my cell and wi-fi connections unreliable.

12. frankkduf

for me no app like juice defender or green power was working till 2.3.3

13. Martin J

Martin J Active Member

Sorry to belabour the point, but "working" in what way? Were you not getting any power saving, was the application failing to enable/disable the wi-fi and cell networks or was it just force-closing?

For me, Green Power did absolutely nothing. When I un-installed it I found that it had changed the 'phone's APN settings and I had no connections whatsoever until I re-entered them all manually. Not good.

14. frankkduf

it wasnt able to enable/disable the cell network, after uninstall the app and get 2.3.3 , I installed back the app and now its doing exactly what is supposed to. I worked very hard with the develloper to make it work with gingerbread but now I think with 2.3.3 the problem is resolved