Battery Drain Possible Fixes

Last Updated:

1. ghamden

ghamden Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I noticed that

pop mail defaults to 15 min interval set to longer interval

Gmail seems to be almost constant turn off

social networking is best if set to use only wifi

Backup no way to regulate it except the time period it uses such as 6am to 12pm

GPS set to use wifi and AGps turn on active gps for actual location only when needed

The biggest issue seems to be all the Bloatware that continuelly runs in background

ATK seems to do well if you set it to clear this bloat ware every 30 mins to 2 hrs which ever works best for you

You would think That engineers would realize with a device Such as the X most if not all these features should be avaiable for at least 8 hours with moderate use iwould speculate that if all these features were set to default under moderate to heavy use you would get around 6 hours ....

Even with these short comings the X is still great

My TP2 would last alomost 48 hours between recharges but no where near the capabilities.

One thing i we learned on the TP2 Verizon delayed any software upgrades because there weren't many officail complaints except on forums -- so i strongly suggest we make sure verizon and Moto are aware of the issues to help expidite fixes or a good version of 2.2

Your thoughts are welcome

As i said before the Bloatware is most likely the biggest source of the battery issues

Advertisement